Saturday, August 7, 2010

Roll Dosa And Not Hike For Us, Anna!!!

Just when I was expecting two rupees in return, anna demanded for two more after I relished medu and dal wadas at The Anna’s which is located just opposite a toilet (with door carrying text ‘ladies’ and used by gents only). Anna’s gesture for the extra two rupees alarmed me about the held-back-so-far hike by him, fearing likely loss of customers after the Central Government raised fuel prices few weeks ago. Left with no other option, I had to lose two of my hard-earned rupees and anna, a hard-core customer.

On the same day in Delhi, political masters Sharad Pawar and Pranab Mukherjee, Agriculture and Finance Ministers respectively, preferred to give a miss to Parliamentary class wherein students from Opposition benches demanded for their heads over the price rise issue. Unlike the Opposition parties, I chose to curse Anna instead of any minister in the capital as he falls under my jurisdiction and his actions reflections of what goes on in Delhi. Post the hike at The Anna’s, he is to me a bonsai version of Petroleum Minister Murli Deora who has had the honour of announcing fuel price hike for seven to eight times my superficial memory tells me. To be frank, I keep getting a feeling of submitting a memorandum to anna along with Prakash and Sanjay, other regulars at The Anna’s from dnaa (as anna pronounces the name of the brand I act to work for). Just to intensify my protests, anna, I can get signatures of my diet-conscious editorial team colleagues, who keep asking “annala vichar aaj bhaji kaay aahe?” or “annala teen chapati sang” through Vishal/Prakash/Sanjay, expressing their dissents as well. In the memorandum, anna, we signatories will insist you on rolling back the hike at The Anna’s. I can sense you feeling like showing the memorandum garbage bin at the very first sight of it. But it is a litany on our part that you read it first and pass on our grievances through Deora to the turbanator Prime Minister, whose dispensation’s policies you reflect (or is it inflict?) on us.

Big brother anna, tell the famous economist in him that if demand is not in accordance with supply then a commoner like me is bound to collapse, if not the entire economy on record. Let the administrator in him know that though his government claims dip in inflation rate, reality is biting me hard with my pocket continues to accumulate money less than what it should at the end of every month. Also cry to the politico in Dr Singh that just assurances from his side won’t serve the purpose, but awakening a statesman in him with a vision for long terms will certainly to its bit. And isn’t it that anna, good for me is good for you as well? I hope anna, you rascala, will mind it!!!

1 comment:

Drishti said...

nice one... Keep blogging